The Fix California Challenge is a project of Innovate Your State. Innovate Your State is a nonprofit (501c3) organization dedicated to educating and encouraging public participation to fundamentally improve government. Innovate Your State believes that through innovation and collaboration we can find solutions to the governance challenges we face today
Innovate Your State bridges private sector innovation and ingenuity with policy and government to improve the lives of constituents through a “Venture Governance” approach.
Innovate Your State hosts impactful projects and events with the goal of improving government and governance outcomes. Entrepreneur empowerment, investor access, and government leader education are central to organizational activities.
The organization was founded by Tim Draper, a venture capitalist with a history of entrepreneurial innovation and commitment to bridging innovation and government.
Innovate Your State will host a series of projects to improve state governments. One of those projects is the Fix California Challenge.
California is the innovation hub of the world. A state founded by pioneers and sustained by entrepreneurs now boasts the world’s 7th largest economy, vibrant, diverse communities, and great weather. Yet we face increasing poverty, poor education systems and failing infrastructure. Californians have never been satisfied with the status quo, so why start now?
The Fix California Challenge aims to reinvigorate the state and renew its greatness through six guiding principles.
- Transformation: Challenge the status quo by fundamentally transforming and modernizing California with a “fresh start” or an “entrepreneurial” mindset.
- Representation: Provide for better representation and engagement of citizens and accountability of leaders to the people they represent.
- Education: Improve incentives in education to achieve long-term economic prosperity and create a more educated workforce that is better prepared for the jobs of the future.
- Accountability: Incentivize governments to be accountable to their citizens - compete for customers.
- Opportunity: Create opportunities to improve the quality of life for hard working Californians across key sectors such as housing, infrastructure, social safety net programs and the environment.
- Renewal: Clean up the failures and update methods of the last several decades that are preventing further success and progress.
To submit an idea for the Fix California Challenge, click here.
To review Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
For more information on Innovate Your State visit www.innovateyourstate.org.